POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Luniversity studies : Re: Luniversity studies Server Time
10 Oct 2024 15:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Luniversity studies
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Nov 2008 04:28:34
Message: <491bf342$1@news.povray.org>
>> MOST companies need salesmen. Not all of them, but most of them.
>
> Every company needs at least one salesman. Sometimes that person is also
> (say) the inventor, president, and CEO, tho. :-)

OK, I rephrase: Some companies need far fewer salesmen that others. It
depends what they do.

>>> Most jobs requiring competence don't advertise. It's mostly
>>> word-of-mouth.
>>
>> ....and since I don't know anybody, it's not going to be me.
>
> That is definitely a stumbling block.  Another kind of thing you learn
> at school...

The only thing *I* learned at _school_ is that people are terrifying
things to be avoided at any cost.

Fortunately I have now unlearned that one. Unfortunately, I now have no
starting point.

>> SOME people want somebody who can definitely do the job RIGHT NOW.
>
> Yes. And not infrequently, those are exactly the companies you don't
> want to work for.

Yeah, I gathered. ;-)

>> (E.g., I suspect if you applied to work for Google,
>
> Not if their interview process is anything to go on.

O RLY?

You know something about this then?

(All I know is that all the "interesting" companies like Google, NI,
etc. seem to be in other countries. Not this one.)